dCS warrants new products against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date it was originally shipped from dCS. If the product is purchased and registered with dCS within 6 months of the date it was originally shipped from dCS, we will start the warranty on the purchase date. For units registered later than 6 months from the ship date, we will start the warranty from the ship date unless the registration is supported by the original sales invoice. During the warranty period, dCS will repair or, at our absolute discretion, replace a faulty product. Warranty repairs must only be carried out by dCS or our authorised service agents. Please contact your dealer if your unit requires service.
To register your product, either register online or complete the product registration form within 30 days of purchase and return it to dCS. On receipt of registration, dCS will add your contact details to our customer database. dCS will use this information for warranty purposes only. We will not contact you directly for reasons relating to sales and marketing.
This warranty applies to the original owner. It is not transferable.
The warranty does not cover wear and tear. The warranty
will be void if:
The product is misused in any way
Any unauthorised modifications or repairs are carried out
The product is not used in accordance with the operating conditions stated below
The product is serviced or repaired by someone other than by dCS or our authorised service agents
The product is operated without a mains earth (or ground) connection
The unit is returned inadequately packed
dCS reserves the right to apply a service charge if a product returned for warranty repair is found to be operating correctly, or if a product is returned without a returns number being issued.
This warranty covers parts and labour only. It does not cover shipping charges or tax/duty.
Our dealers or distributors are NOT authorised to extend the terms of this warranty. dCS cannot accept responsibility for any attempt to do so.
Products re-sold by dCS on a 'used' basis may be subject to reduced warranty terms.
If you encounter any problems with your product, please contact your authorised dCS dealer for advice, quoting the model, the full serial number, software version number, and giving a detailed description of the fault. Your dealer will advise you on the actions that need to be taken. When returning a unit, the original packaging should be used to avoid transit damage. Replacement packaging sets may be purchased from dCS.
During the warranty period, there will normally be no charge for parts or labour.
The supply voltage must remain within +/-10% of the A.C. voltage specified on the
The supply frequency must be in the range 49Hz to 62Hz
Ambient temperature range: 0C (32F) to 40C (104F), non-condensing
Do not instal the unit near heat sources such as radiators, air ducts, power
amplifiers or direct strong sunlight
If in doubt, the easy test is – a dCS unit is happy to work anywhere a human is
The dCS Audio 3 year limited warranty for Lina products
In respect of purchases of the above-named product in the United Kingdom, the European Union, USA, Canada, China, Switzerland, Norway, Hong Kong, South Korea (“Certified Countries”), Data Conversion Systems Ltd (“dCS Audio”) provides a 3 year limited warranty for the above-named product against defects in materials and workmanship when purchased directly from dCS Audio or a dCS Audio-authorised dealer (“Dealer”). The 3 year period commences on the date of delivery to you if you have bought direct from dCS Audio or from the date of purchase if bought from a Dealer.
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you must either contact the Dealer if you bought from a Dealer or contact our Customer Service Team for guidance if you bought direct from dCS Audio. We will always try to fix any fault remotely before authorising a return.
If we or the Dealer authorise the return, we or the Dealer will require the faulty product to be returned for evaluation and diagnosis. If bought from a Dealer, you should return the product to them in the first instance. If the product is found to be faulty following our examination and investigation, we will, at our discretion either: (a) repair the product using new or refurbished parts; (b) replace the product with an equivalent new or refurbished product to an equal value; or (c) provide a full or partial refund of the original purchase price to you in exchange for the product but we do reserve the right to reduce any refund by way of a deduction for use, to take account of the use that you have had of the product in the period since purchase. Where there is a valid warranty claim, this warranty covers parts, labour and shipping.
We will require you to pay for the return of the product to us or the Dealer and if a fault is found, we will reimburse that return cost to you. The product should be sent using an established delivery service and packed according to our instructions. We would advise that you keep the original box and packaging for the full warranty period in case of a need to return equipment. You should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the goods at all or within a reasonable time we can’t refund you the price or replace the product, whichever is appropriate.
If no fault is found upon investigation or the fault is not covered by this warranty, we will require you to pay for the return of the product to you, payment to be received before we ship the product to you. If the fault is not covered by this warranty, you will be required to pay for parts and labour on any repair.
Any product retained by us following the finding of a fault becomes our property.
The returned product (whether repaired or replaced) will be covered for the remainder of the warranty period.
Exceptions to cover under the Warranty
This warranty does not cover defects or damage arising from or caused by:
· normal wear and tear;
· mis-use, mis-handling or other accidental damage caused by you, including screen burn arising from leaving a unit switched on and inactive for prolonged periods;
· failure to follow maintenance instructions provided or to take reasonable care of the product;
· components that are not part of the product, including products not supplied by dCS Audio (for example, cables, mains regenerators, headphones, amplifiers), whether or not such were purchased at the same time as the covered product.
· extreme environmental conditions (including extremes of temperatures or humidity);
· extreme loads or pressures applied to the product;
· extreme electrical loads, static electricity or interference, fluctuations or voltage peaks in the power supply;
· use of the product for anything other than private and domestic purposes;
· repairs not carried out by dCS Audio or an authorised dCS Audio partner;
· damage caused by unforeseeable circumstances (including but not limited to lightning, fire or water damage) or other external events.
The warranty does not cover purely cosmetic blemishes on the product arising following receipt by you, particularly scratches, dents and dust.
This warranty shall be rendered null and void if:
· the product is used in any professional or commercial environment or for any purpose other than purely private and domestic use;
· there is any attempt to modify the product or the serial number has been removed;
· there is any attempt by you to alter, remove or interfere in any way with the paint finish of the products, except that any manufacturing defect to the paint finish is covered under this warranty.
This warranty only applies to the above-named product when it has been purchased from our website or from a dCS Audio-authorised dealer or as allowed under “Transfer of Warranty” below.
This warranty is for only the product referred to above and therefore does not extend to any accessories such as cables and headphones.
This warranty is not available to you if you are resident in any country which is not in the list of Certified Countries above.
Transfer of Warranty
The benefit of this warranty can be transferred during its lifetime by the original customer to a subsequent purchaser although the transfer of this warranty will only be valid for the first such purchaser and not for subsequent sales and shall be for the remainder of the warranty period referred to above. Additionally, the purchaser must be using the product in one of the Certified Countries listed above for the warranty claim to be valid. We will accept a warranty claim from the original customer’s purchaser provided that the purchaser registers the change of ownership of the product with us and provides us directly with their contact details so that we are aware of the transfer and so that we can continue to supply information about software updates. The form to direct your purchaser to for registering the change of ownership is at https://dcsaudio.com/register.
When claiming under this warranty
You will need to:
· provide proof of purchase
· provide information about the symptoms and causes of the problems experienced
· reply to any questions we raise, including requests for the serial number of the product, the model, the firmware version, peripherals connected to the product, any error messages displayed, your actions performed before the problem manifested itself and any measures you may have taken to solve the problem
· update the firmware to the most recent version before proceeding with the returns service as this forms part of troubleshooting and attempts to resolve the issue remotely and without the need to return the product
· follow the instructions issued to you by dCS Audio, including instructions not to send to dCS Audio any products or accessories for which no repair or replacement service is available, and to follow the instructions to pack the product according to specific shipping instructions
The provisions of this limited warranty are in addition to your statutory rights.
This warranty is the sole and exclusive warranty provided by dCS Audio regarding the product and dCS Audio’s liability is limited to as set out in this warranty and any financial remedy shall be limited to the purchase price of the product.
If you have purchased a product online from the dCS Audio website you have a period of 30 days of receiving the product to return it for a refund. Please submit a returns request form and follow the returns procedure provided. For orders outside this period, please refer to our warranty policy
Please note: If you have purchased your dCS Audio product from a third party website/ retailer you will need to refer to their store’s return policy.
For more information on our terms, please see our sales policies.